Free OnlineTax Preparation
- Francais

income tax canada network home page website income canada about us income tax services Find Revenue Canada CCRA-ADRC Information TaxFlash newsletters offers free tax advice
income tax products and services for canadian taxpayers income tax partners offering free information tax services in canada for canadians
 Canada Customs and Revenue Agency CCRA ADRC advice offered free to Canadian Taxpayers and Small Businesses

TAXFlash News is pleased to offer free practical expert advice on money and income tax topics for Canadian taxpayers and small businesses. The information should save you time and money when you next prepare and netfile your income tax return.

tax refund faster with ufile

TAXFlash News from

Jim Maroney Jim Maroney

:: Canada Child Tax Benefit issued to more than 2.7 million Canadian parents in January: Did you get your payment?

:: January Canada Child Tax Benefit payments

Ottawa, January 20, 2004... The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) issued the January Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) payments on January 20, 2004, totalling more than $691 million, to more than 2.7 million recipients across Canada.

Recipients who are expecting a benefit payment and have not received it by January 27, should contact the Agency's CCTB enquiry service at 1-800-387-1193 . This service is available weekdays from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., local time.

In order to receive, or continue to receive, CCTB payments, recipients and their spouses or common-law partners have to file a tax return.

Recipients who are moving should inform the Agency as soon as possible, to ensure that their CCTB payments are not disrupted, even if they use direct deposit and their bank account does not change. The Address Changes Online service at makes it easier for clients to notify the CRA of a change of address.

As other entitlements are combined each month with the CCTB into a single payment, payments for the following provincial and territorial child benefit programs administered by the Agency will also be issued:
BC Family Bonus
New Brunswick Child Tax Benefit
Newfoundland and Labrador Child Benefit
Northwest Territories Child Benefit
Nunavut Child Benefit
Nova Scotia Child Benefit
Saskatchewan Child Benefit
Yukon Child Benefit

Recipients can have their CCTB payments deposited directly into their account at their financial institution. To take advantage of this option, they have to complete Form T1-DD ,Direct Deposit Request , which they can get at their tax services office or tax centre.

Information on the CCTB can also be found on the Child and family benefits pages on the CRA's Web site at .

La prestation fiscale canadienne pour enfants du mois de janvier

Ottawa, le 20 janvier 2004... L'Agence du revenu du Canada (ARC) a émis, le 20 janvier 2004, les versements de la prestation fiscale canadienne pour enfants (PFCE) du mois de janvier. Au total, plus de 691 millions de dollars ont été distribués à quelque 2,7 millions de bénéficiaires dans tout le Canada.

Les particuliers qui attendent un versement et qui ne l'auraient pas encore reçu par le 27 janvier devraient communiquer avec le Service des renseignements sur la PFCE de l'ARC, en composant le 1 800 387-1194 . Le service est offert en semaine, entre 8 h 15 et 17 h, heure locale.

Les époux ou conjoints de fait doivent tous deux produire une déclaration de revenus afin de recevoir ou de continuer à recevoir la PFCE.

Les particuliers qui déménagent doivent aviser l'ARC aussitôt que possible afin d'éviter l'interruption de leurs versements de la PFCE, même s'ils utilisent le dépôt direct et que leur compte bancaire ne change pas. L'Agence offre un service de changements d'adresse en ligne , à , afin de simplifier le processus de changement d'adresse.

Les versements des prestations provinciales et territoriales suivantes administrés par l'ARC sont également inclus avec le versement de la PFCE :
Prestations familiales de la Colombie-Britannique
Prestation fiscale pour enfants du Nouveau-Brunswick
Prestation pour enfants de Terre-Neuve-et-Labrador
Prestation pour enfants des Territoires du Nord-Ouest
Prestation pour enfants du Nunavut
Prestation pour enfants de la Nouvelle-Écosse
Prestation pour enfants de la Saskatchewan
Prestation pour enfants du Yukon

Les récipiendaires peuvent demander que leurs versements soient déposés directement dans un compte qu'ils détiennent dans un établissement financier. Pour ce faire, ils n'ont qu'à remplir le formulaire T1-DD ,Demande de dépôt direct , qu'ils peuvent obtenir à leur bureau des services fiscaux ou centre fiscal.

On peut aussi obtenir de l'information sur la PFCE aux pages « Prestations pour enfants et familles » en visitant le site Web de l'ARC, à .

Free Tax Advice Article Submitted to Income Tax exclusively by Jim Maroney
CA Canadian Chartered Accountant with Brown, Andrews & Maroney in Maple Ridge, BC, Canada

Official details about this and other topics on income taxes can be found in English & Francais at
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) / l'Agence du revenu du Canada (ARC) offers bilingual information on its website for
NetFile, deductions (benefits - credits), interpretation bulletins, income tax forms (returns) and tax tables (brackets).

Income tax information offered by is done so without endorsement by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) - l'Agence du Revenu du Canada (ARC) (formerly Canada Customs and Revenue Agency - l'Agence des Douanes et du Revenu du Canada CCRA-ADRC and formerly Revenue Canada – Revenu du Canada) or any Canadian government agency. The free advice is of a general nature for Canadian taxpayers seeking legal ways to reduce their personal and small business income taxes payable to the federal and provincial (or territorial) governments in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick Newfoundland-Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan or Yukon. Specific taxation situations vary from taxpayer to taxpayer, province to province, territory to territory. The free tax advice here is only a general guide. Canadians should always seek individual guidance on accounting rules and tax laws from knowledgeable accountants and lawyers. To prepare your income tax return online and NetFile your Canadian income taxes electronically in English or Francais, please visit or websites. Additional information on financial products and services for Canadians can be found at